Women Empowerment Initiative – International Women Leadership Conference & Women Empowerment Award 2017
Creating an environment where talent can thrive and rise to the top is critical in achieving fully productive organisations and governments. Despite significant advances globally in women’s health, education and leadership opportunities in recent decades, gender equality and women’s leadership still lags in Asia. In practically all sectors, the higher one looks at the leadership ladder, the fewer women there are. Societal pressures, cultural norms and structural barriers must be shifted to enable the advancement of women and societies.
As the leading women empowerment program, we are addressing this challenge by providing women across Asia and the Pacific with knowledge, practical skills, support and networks to thrive in public leadership roles. This unique one-day workshop will build the capacity of women leaders who are influencing social, economic and political change in Asia. The programme focuses on developing personal expertise in core skills and on challenging structures that are hampering gender equality.
Topics covered in the programme include:
• Building your personal brand
• Peak performance and self-sabotage
• Persuasive communication and influencing others
• Talent and diversity management: How organisations can help or hinder women’s progression.
• Gender implications of public policy: What policies are constructive or obstructive?
• What are some best practices from around the world?
• Innovative approaches to women’s empowerment
• Implementing change